Apply for funding ahead of time ¶
Timelines for sending in Budget Requests:
|Recommended||A month prior||Two weeks prior|
|Minimum||Two weeks prior||Friday before event (by 12PM)|
Any budget proposals of $1000 or more must be sent in a month prior to the event date.
In-Person Events ¶
- Ensure that bookings for rooms are done in advance
- At a month prior minimum – apply for Facilities Management Services (FMS) permission if required
- When you leave the booked space, leave it as you found it and in good condition
- Ensure that any suppliers have good location directions and a contact number.
- Ask that all suppliers follow health and safety guidelines (Ie: if guest Trojan Check is required, masks)
- Use USC approved vendors and local venues. For non-approved vendors (when absolutely necessary or for new venues supporting the local community) reach out to email@example.com
Send out an RSVP link before your event ¶
Guidelines for sending out RSVP lists to estimate number of event attendees:
|Send out the link…||Two weeks prior||A week in advance|
- Guesstimate the attendance from the RSVP link
- Book a room with double capacity (considering social distancing, hygiene protocols)
Make sure that your receipts are submitted ¶
Send receipts to the VP of Treasury (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Watch your ecological and carbon footprint ¶
Can your event include reusable items, non-single use plastic, lower electricity usage, lower water usage and recycle waste? For example, you can purchase wooden cutlery instead of plastic.
Advertise your event ¶
Link to the VGSA Instagram, Engage SC, VGSA emails and department specific platforms.
Contacting the E-Board ¶
If you have any further questions, please ask! The E-board is here to help your event run smoothly, and each person can help with issues such as the following.
- VGSA President (Ex. New ideas, Department Wide Q’s)
- Executive VP (Ex. New ideas, Department Wide Q’s)
- VP Finance (Ex. Budget Proposals)
- VP Treasury (Ex. Submitting Receipts)
- VP Outreach (Ex. Local Vendors & Collaborations)
- VP Programs (Ex. Events)
- VP Communications (Ex. Advertising)
- Webmaster (Ex. Adding information to the website)
For contact info, see the Council page.